Saturday, May 25, 2013

Piano and Voice Recital

   

This week I had my recital for piano and voice. My piano song was pretty good. I played "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. This year had a super cool twist. We picked a video that represents our song -- the video played up on a screen while we played our song.  I had some Les Mis trailers playing. It was pretty cool! I played pretty great if I do say so myself. 

Along with the piano recital, we also had my voice recital. I was with the older girls choir. We sang two songs together and then we had a solo song. Together we sang "Crazy Dreams" and "Rise Above". I had a solo in "Crazy Dreams" and people told me that it went great. I was pretty proud of that solo. 

Next I had my solo song -- "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift. This song didn't really go as I planned. I started singing and I was really nervous. I made it through a little bit of the song until I burst into tears on stage. I couldn't go on but thankfully Beth jumped up and started to sing with me.  Then she got everyone else to sing with us too.  At first I was completely upset. I felt ashamed that I just collapsed under the pressure. But later on I realized that I was just proud that I had the courage to get up there in the first place. That it may not have been easy the first time but every time I do perform it will get easier. 

People were really nice and comforted me. I just need to keep trying and not give up and I did. I got right back onstage and sang "Rise Above". So sure, I didn't sing a perfect solo but maybe next time or the time after I will build up that courage. This recital didn't go as planned but I still learned to keep trying and eventually you'll achieve your goal.

0 comments: