Sunday, January 19, 2014

First Talk in the New Ward

Ladders are generally used to help you reach something that is higher up ... maybe on the top of a closet or the tallest cupboard in the kitchen.  I think that the plan Heavenly Father has for me works kind of like a ladder.  It was designed to help me get to live with Heavenly Father again.

Just like climbing a ladder, this plan has several important steps along the way.  I took the first steps up the ladder when I was baptized and confirmed.  Now I am preparing for the other steps up the ladder that will help me reach the Celestial Kingdom.

One of the most important steps is getting married in the temple.  Heavenly Father sent us down to earth to live in families so we could learn and grow.  When I have my own family, I will learn and grow even more. I can be sealed to my family in the temple. I know that starting my family in the temple will help us take this important step with the love and support of Heavenly Father.

I have never been inside the temple yet, but I have been to weddings.  When my Aunt Natalie married my uncle Tony, I stayed outside with all the kids.  I remember when they came out how super happy they both looked.  It made me feel good to know that they knew it was the right decision and that they got married in the right place.


I am grateful that Heavenly Father came up with a plan to help us return to live with Him.  I know that if I take the right steps, that I will be happy and that my family will always be together.

0 comments: